Varicose veins are said to affect up to 1 in 3 adults over the age of 45. But do they affect all cultures? And how does treatment vary?
A new report into varicose veins shows that there are certainly differences in the numbers of treatments carried out.
Global Varicose Veins Market
- North America dominates the varicose vein treatment market with the highest numbers of procedures carried out worldwide. There are a number of factors:
- Large population
- High incidence of varicose vein cases (potentially linked, at least in part, to obesity rates)
- Higher healthcare expenditure and medical reimbursement facilities
- Availability of technologically advanced procedures.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing area for varicose vein treatment. Factors include:
- Rapidly increasing aging population
- Rise in consumer awareness
- Favourable government policies
- Modernisation of healthcare infrastructure
- Growing medical tourism industry in developing nations (e.g. China, India)
- Increase in varicose vein treatment availability and adoption in emerging economies (e.g. China, India)
Varicose Vein Treatment Market: By Product (Radiofrequency Ablation Devices, Laser Ablation Devices, Others); By Treatment (Sclerotherapy, Endovenous Ablation, Others) & By Region (Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, RoW)-Forecast (2016-2022)
UK Varicose Vein Treatments
In the UK, varicose veins affect many adults.
Some may qualify for treatment on the NHS, but this is now reserved only for the very worst cases and treatment is often the traditional vein stripping.
EVLA is viewed as the gold-standards solution for varicose veins. EVLA stands for Endovenous Laser Ablation and the procedure uses laser to heat and damage difficult varicose veins so that they are destroyed. This is more generally available for private patients.
At clinics such as Cosmedics’ London Vein Treatment Centre, EVLA is carried out on a day case basis and uses local anaesthetic. Recovery is very quick and patients are able to walk unaided to return home. There is no need for an overnight stay and patients can return to normal activities much faster.
Varicose Vein Treatment
Cosmedics Skin Clinics offer private varicose vein treatment including EVLA (endovenous laser ablation) laser varicose vein removal with a vascular surgeon with prices starting at £1,550 per leg (1 vein).
For more information or to book a consultation, please complete the form on this web page or call 020 7386 0464.