An exclusive new treatment for varicose veins is now available at Cosmedics Skin Clinics’ London Vein Centre.
Tumescent Foam Sclerotherapy was developed by The London Vein Centre’s Vascular Surgeon, Mr Parameswaran Sridhar MBBS, FRCS. This unique and exclusive procedure was designed for treating a range of troublesome, uncomfortable and unsightly leg veins in one single session. The treatment encompasses laser treatment for larger varicose veins alongside another approach for smaller varicose veins and larger leg thread veins.
Tumescent Foam Sclerotherapy combines two procedures using just one entry point:
The delivery of both the laser and the foam sclerotherapy treatment in one session gives a more comprehensive result than could be achieved with either treatment in isolation. The combination of treatments is far more efficient than carrying them out separately, providing many distinct benefits:
- Ideal for patients who have a series of varicose and thread veins requiring different treatment approaches
- All-in-one procedure is faster – usually under an hour for each leg
- Single session is more convenient than having to return for more appointments
- Smaller amount of sclerotherapy foam is needed
- Lower risk of inflammatory responses
- Less discomfort
- Single incision means faster healing
- Return to normal activities with minimal disruption
- No overnight stay
- Retain mobility – patients walk unaided out of the clinic and return to work the next day
Cosmedics’ founder, Medical Director and Aesthetic Doctor, Dr Ross Perry MBBS explains:
“EVLA treatment has been shown to deliver a permanent success rate of 95.4%, which is fabulous news for those with varicose veins. However, this approach does not work for smaller varicose or larger thread veins and we find that many of our patients will have these alongside their main varicose veins.
“Complementing EVLA laser treatment with foam sclerotherapy means that we can treat a range of different types veins in one session, giving the patient a more thorough result. The advantages of combining the two procedures in one protocol also make it faster, more comfortable and convenient, as well as providing a faster recovery.
“This protocol is exclusive to Mr Sridhar, who treats patients at The London Vein Centre.”
Tumescent Foam Sclerotherapy is carried out in Cosmedics’ Vein Treatment Centre in South West London, where ultrasound technology is available on site to ensure proper assessment and diagnosis.
Varicose Vein Treatment
For more information, please complete the form to the right hand side or call 020 7386 0464.