The best way to avoid poor circulation is to combat the symptoms before they occur and one of the most important ways of improving circulation in the legs is to ensure that you stay active.
Staying seated or standing upright for many hours each day heightens the risk of vein problems developing; but moderate exercise can help train your circulatory system to be more efficient, so moving and exercising the body is crucial to ensuring good blood circulation, especially in the lower limbs.
Mobility Tips to Improve Leg Circulation
- Don’t sit or stand for too long – develop an awareness that you need to move regularly
- Try to walk around once an hour – even a short walk to another room and back is better than not moving at all
- Build in a 30 minute walk outdoors into your daily routine – either after breakfast, at lunch or in the evening
- More vigorous exercise, such as running or brisk swimming/cycling will boost the circulation more
- Do seated exercises such as ankle rotations and pointing/flexing feet and toes
- If there are medical problems preventing you from being active, then seek advice from a GP
Vein Removal Treatments
Cosmedics Skin Clinics offer private EVLA (endovenous laser ablation) laser varicose vein removal at their London vein treatment centre with a renowned vascular surgeon with prices starting at £1,650 per leg (1 vein).
Trained doctors offer thread vein removal at a selection of clinics based in London using the latest techniques.
For more information or to book a consultation, please complete the form on this web page or call 020 7386 0464.