Vein problems are relatively common among adults in the UK. Sadly once a vein has become an issue, there is very little in the way of ‘DIY’ treatment and professional vein removal treatment is the only option for sorting out varicose veins and thread veins.
Prevention is generally the best advice, it is always going to be cheaper than having to pay for vein removal treatment if you can avoid having vein trouble at all.
While genetic makeup is one of the key reasons (i.e. something that runs in families), it is by no means the only one and there are simple measure that everybody can take to improve their chances of not having varicose or tread veins – especially for those who are likely to be prone to them.
Avoiding Veins Problems – Top Tips
- Don’t stand for long periods of time
- Sit down regularly to take the weight off your feet
- Put your feet up: raising the legs aids circulation
- Keep mobile: gentle exercise helps to promote circulation
- Diet: a healthy diet helps circulation – be especially mindful of reducing salt
- Healthy weight – being overweight puts extra pressure on the circulation
- Avoid crossing the legs as this puts pressure on the veins and circulation
Vein Removal Treatments
Varicose vein removal is now a lot less uncomfortable and more successful than people think. EVLA (endovenous laser ablation) treatment offers a 95% success rate. Cosmedics Skin Clinics offer private laser varicose vein removal at their London vein treatment centre with a renowned vascular surgeon.
For smaller thread veins or spider veins, these can be treated in private clinics like Cosmedics Skin Clinics, who offer thread vein removal at a selection of clinics based in London and Bristol using the latest surgical techniques including laser vein treatment,microcautery treatment and sclerotherapy injections (not for facial areas) with trained doctors and surgeons.
For more information or to book a consultation, please complete the form on this web page or call 020 7386 0464.