A survey has revealed the high numbers of adults who are so self-conscious about their legs they’d rather cover them up in the summer, yet new ‘day case’ procedures are faster and more effective than generally understood.
The survey of 1,000 adults by OnePoll found:
- 70% will avoid wearing clothes that show their legs (e.g. shorts)
- 44% will even cover up on holiday
- 46% said varicose veins are the number one concern about how their legs look
However, rather than covering up unsightly vein problems, there are now better options than ever for treating them.
Varicose vein treatments used to be an invasive ‘stripping’ procedure which was carried out by the NHS. It had a lengthy recovery and a the success rate was not high.
In comparison, the latest varicose vein treatments offered at Cosmedics’ London Vein Centre in Harley Street and Putney have a number of benefits:
- ‘Day case’ surgery with no overnight stay
- Walk in and out of clinic unaided
- High success rates – EVLA has over 95% success rate at permanently removing varicose veins
- Minimal downtime/recovery implications
Varicose Vein Treatment Options
Cosmedics’ London Vein Treatment Centre based in Harley Street and Putney offers a number of treatment options for private patients:
- EVLA treatment from £1,650 – laser treatment to destroy the veins from the inside
- Tumescent Foam Sclerotherapy – Exclusive EVLA with Foam Sclerotherapy Combination
- ClariVein® treatment from £1,895 – a mechanical action combines with a special chemical to seal the vein
- Micro surgery from £500 – most often used alongside other treatments, physically removing the troublesome veins after laser/injections
- Foam sclerotherapy from £500 – a chemical injection which works to get rid of smaller varicose and larger thread veins
London Vein Treatment Centre
Cosmedics Skin Clinics now offer thread vein removal treatment at two London Vein Treatment Centres.
- 4 Disraeli Road, Putney, London, SW15 2DS
- 41 Harley Street, London, W1G 8QH
For more information, please complete the form to the right hand side or call 020 7386 0464.